Sadhu Portrait #2

Sadhu Portrait #2

Sadhu Portrait #2. Kumbh Mela, Hardiwar, India.

This was shot with my favorite 85mm f1.2. I was talking the other day with someone about the 85mm f1.2 and the 50mm f1.2 (that I recently bought). We were joking why they even have a focal length over f2.8 on those lenses? If you buy a super fast lens chances are you’ll never use it at a speed higher than that. At least I don’t.

FaceBook Comments

comments

About The Author

Matt Brandon

Matt is a Malaysia based humanitarian and travel photographer. Well known as a photographer and international workshop instructor, Matt’s images have been used by business and organizations around the globe. Matt also on the design board for Think Tank Photo, a camera bag manufacturer. In 2013 Matt founded the On Field Media Project to train the staff of non-profits to use appropriate technology to produce timely as well as quality images.

7 Comments

1. grungemann

I thought 2.8 was hard .. need to think again 🙂

2. Cathy

Oh, I wish I could get my hands on an f.2, although I suspect getting it right is much more difficult than I imagine.

3. Matt Brandon

Cathy, All the f1.2 lenses are very hard to get right. But when you find that sweet spot there is nothing like them.

4. Ray Ketcham

I guess I am in the minority Matt, I love what my 85mm does at higher f stops and seem to find it there frequently.

5. Lisa

Your work is fantastic!

6. Hassan_Arshad

That is a wonderful image. I have tried the 85mm 1.2 and while I did liked it, I did notice some soft focus and that is one heavy lens. I do think the 85mm 1.2 I got was a little soft on the focus parts and the most annoying thing about the 85 was its really slow focus.

It seems your 85mm works like it is meant to and again the image is beautiful.

Thanks for posting it!

7. Jeffrey Chapman

I love the look of this lens so much that I wish I could glue one onto my Nikons.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. uberVU - social comments - Social comments and analytics for this post... This post was mentioned on Twitter by NGOPhotographer: New Image posted Sadhu…