Meeting with Trey Ratcliff online for an interview was about as easy as pulling teeth. This guy is busy. I thought we would never make our schedules match. The irony is after a ton of emails, and a hand full of miss-connects over Skype; after finally getting the interview with him, then posting a blog post about his influence on my Creative Commons position – after all this; we ended up on the same flight from Narita (Tokyo, Japan) to SFO sitting about ten rolls apart. Strange world we live in.
Trey Ratcliff is a huge name in the HDR (High Dynamic Range) community and blog Stuck in Customs is widely popular. Recently he published his first book with our good friends over at Peachpit Press titled “A World in HDR“. It is a 200 page coffee table book of his images with a HDR tutorial at the end. To be fare, I am not very knowledgeable about HDR, so I was not really sure what to expect from the interview. I soon found out Trey is yet another one of those “truly nice guy photographers”. We didn’t have long, this ran only 30 minutes in length, but very interesting. Trey knowledge about HDR is astounding and his joy for this medium is apparent. The guy literally sees the world in HDR. Take some time, listen to this his unique take on photography and life. Enjoy.
- New Video: So who is OFMP.ORG? - September 11, 2015
- A Killer Deal on Photographic Resources: the 5 Day Deal - September 10, 2015
- Review: Angelbird 512 GB SSD2go drive - September 6, 2015
- Protection for your other Camera - September 6, 2015
- Fujifilm Podcast With Piet Van den Eynde 2015 - August 19, 2015
- 2015 Fujifilm X-Photographer’s Book - August 13, 2015
- New Workshop Announced: Delhi, Agra & Varanasi - July 30, 2015
- Fujifilm’s 90mm Makes a Colorful Splash on the Set of Indian Summers 2 - May 29, 2015
- The On Field Media Project, Teaching NGOs to Tell Their Own Stories - April 24, 2015
- Views of Kenya with the Fujinon XF 16mm f/1.4 WR - April 19, 2015
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015