Over this past two weeks of reconnoitering for an Oct 2011, Cairo/Nile photo workshop I was able to see and visit some amazing places. Places, that if I didn’t have the job that I have, I might say were once in a lifetime kind of places. Last Friday was once such place. My ever gracious host, Marco Ryan kept telling me that the Cairo Camel Market or the Birqash Souq al-gamel, as it is known in Arabic, is a great opportunity for the the workshop to visit and shoot. I had some reservations. I figured it would be crowded and confusing and wasn’t sure it would be worth getting up at 4:30am to photograph. Boy, was I ever mistaken. It was amazing. The sounds and textures were fabulous. I hope that this 4 min slide show will give you a taste of what it was like.
A special thanks goes out to Fathy Salama & Sharkiat, as well as Face Music for allowing me to use the track, Camel Road as background music, it really helped make the show. If you are interested in purchasing the album Camel Road you can find it HERE.
By the way, spaces on the workshop are limited and even without solid dates spaces are selling. If you are interested in having a space saved for you please contact Marco Ryan HERE.
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
- Matt Brandon Video Log #11 - January 13, 2017
- The Coal Haulers of Varanasi, India & the Fuji GFX - December 27, 2016
- A Requiem to a Rickshaw Puller - December 8, 2016
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015