Tomorrow I leave for India for five days. It’s a quick trip shooting for a client and then home again. My wife decided she tag along and go shopping. So it will be a lot nicer rooming with her than with my fellow photographer Nate Watkins who I went with to Indonesia. Nate will be joining me in India for this year. He is really getting into HDSLR video, but that’s not to say he’s not a good photographer. He is. But he definitely leads the way in video around me.
The video above is a mix of some still images I took, and I think some that Nate took as well. The video is all Nate’s. This and the Coffee Man are little snippets of life in rural Indonesia. They are a fun look at an individuals. Our goal is to humanize these cultures we visit. We chose to take one person in each one of the cultures and highlight them. To make this culture real. Instead of just some distant culture that we read about in a magazine with yellow edges. I hope you enjoy this look at the Penesak Jeweler of Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Money to Take Their Photo: Trophy Hunter Photography - June 21, 2017
- Comprehensive review: Think Tank Photo – Airport Takeoff V2 Photo Bag - June 20, 2017
- 6 Ways to Improve your Photography Portfolio: The Goldilocks Principle - June 7, 2017
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015