Let me set the record straight right here, I am not a strobist. Ninety five percent of the time I shoot with available light, the other five percent I shoot with my flash set to rear curtain sync (It’s fun. You should try it!) I really don’t like the ugly flat light that on-camera flashes give a subject. Off-camera lighting is wonderful, but until recently with a Canon you only got E-TTL metering by using the short irritating OC-E3 cable. Then in the last year or so a few companies like Pocket Wizard started selling outfits that would set you back a minimum of $500 for off-camera E-TTL wireless flash! Then, recently I was sent a little gadget that made me feel like a real lighting pro. My good friends at Phottix sent me their latest creation the Odin TTL Wireless Flash Trigger. In seconds I went from feeling intimidated with off-camera lighting to a giddy little kid with a new toy. A new toy that boosted my self esteem right out of the box. Can you tell I am impressed? I wanted to communicate to you the value this little guy is and the best way I could think of was to shoot a photo or two with it and to let Steve Peer, the CEO of Phottix tell you about the Odin himself. So listen to this short podcast I made with Steve yesterday and while listening you can peruse the cold hard specs below. Enjoy!
What can the Phottix Odin TTL Trigger for Canon do?
- Wireless 2.4GHz. TTL and Manual Flash Triggering
- Remote power control of groups in TTL with +/- EV adjustments (3 stops in 1/3 stop increments – 18 different levels.)
- Mix TTL and Manual flash – fire some groups in TTL, others as manual
- Remote power control in A:B ratio modes with +/- EV adjustments
- High speed sync – shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Second curtain sync functions
- Remote manual mode flash power control
- Remote flash head zoom adjustments – auto or manual
- Compatible with Phottix Strato 4-in-1 and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Wireless Triggers
- Upgradeable via built-in USB ports.
Jump over and pick up an Odin, or see you local Phottix retailer.
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
- Matt Brandon Video Log #11 - January 13, 2017
- The Coal Haulers of Varanasi, India & the Fuji GFX - December 27, 2016
- A Requiem to a Rickshaw Puller - December 8, 2016
- Saffron Coffee Shoot - November 24, 2016
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015