I have known Keith Talley for years. Keith he is a commercial photographers out of Texas. Not the glam kind that take shots of sexy models in skimpy underwear. Keith’s has more talent that that, he makes vinyl flooring look sexy. Frankly, that’s talent. When he is not traveling all over the US shooting industrial product for clients, he is playing golf. Apparently, pretty darn good at it too. I wouldn’t know, all I ever hit is air when I play the silly game. When he is not doing that he is giving his time to some charity or church traveling to Africa or India shooting projects for them.
In this episode of Depth of Field I speak with Keith about making a living in hard times. What’s the secret? He had his best year last year and in a small town like Temple, Texas! I chose Keith for this interview for just this reason, I wanted folks to hear the story of a working photographer, not unlike themselves. Sometimes our guests can seem bigger than life and I listeners might feel they are almost surreal. Not Keith, he works hard and make a great living and like all my guest, is a great person at the core.
Visit Keith’s website HERE
Follow him on Facebook HERE.
You can listen to more Depth of Field podcasts HERE.
- Take a hike: photo trek with Matt Brandon through Kashmir - January 14, 2015
- Planning your 2015 Photo Workshop schedule. - January 13, 2015
- First Look: Fujinon XF 16-55 mm f/2.8 R LM WR - January 6, 2015
- A Christmas Greeting from Our Home to Yours - December 23, 2014
- Review: Zhongyi Lens Turbo Adapters ver II for Fuji X mount cameras (FX) - December 17, 2014
- Fujinon 50-140mm f2.8 LM OIS WR: Review - December 15, 2014
- 2014 Gift Guide the Discerning Photographer - November 26, 2014
- Marco Pierre White and Greatness - November 13, 2014
- Photography Tour of Bhutan 2015 - October 28, 2014
- Hipstamatic’s New TinType App Rocks - October 23, 2014
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015