I am trilled to report that registration for the Rajasthan Photo Trek and Workshop going well, and by well I mean FANTASTIC! ! We now
only have one spot left are sold out! 1 After publishing this post, I think that last spot might be history very soon.
As if the value of this workshop wasn’t good enough, Alou and I decided to add extra value at the last minute. Why? Well, as Micky Mouse (and Jimmie Dodd) used to say, “Because we LIKE you!” The extra value comes in the form of an added instructor. I would like to introduce you to our guest instructor, Piet Van den Eynde. Many of my readers already know Piet, but for those who don’t, Piet is a Belgian freelance photographer specializing in travel portraiture. He has written two Dutch books on Adobe Lightroom and currently has four English ebooks for CraftandVision.com, such as ‘The Power of Black & White in Adobe Lightroom and beyond’ and his latest and best-selling ‘Dodge & Burn‘. He contributes articles to photography magazines and gives trainings worldwide about digital photography, working with small flashes and post-processing. He’s an Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Certified Expert.
In 2009, Piet threw his camera, a flash and an umbrella in his bicycle panniers and cycled 5000 miles through Turkey, Iran, India and Indonesia for a photography project called Portraits Of Asia.
Learn more about Piet on his blog More Than Words.
Piet will be teaching off-camera lighting skills as well as some Lightroom post processing throughout the Rajasthan Photo Trek.So you can see how this will ramp up the value of an already great workshop and tour.
I have twisted Piet arm and asked Piet to offer a one day workshop on Sat, Feb 23rd for anyone in the New Delhi area. We are calling this one day class “The Lightroom DAM Master Class“. Of course DAM stands for Digital Asset Management. This class is aimed primarily at the Lightroom Library module, importing and exporting. Lightroom is the application we’ll be using throughout the tour. Don’t let the term “Masterclass” scare you: we believe this add-on is ideal for both people who don’t yet work with Lightroom (you’ll learn how to use it as it is meant to be) but also for people who already have a basic understanding of Lightroom, as experience tells us that even more advanced users typically don’t use Lightroom’s DAM options to the fullest. This action-packed one day course will include topics such as:
- What is Lightroom and what is it not?
- How does it differ from Photoshop and Camera Raw
- Importing tips: getting Lightroom to know your images
- Optimal import dialog settings
- Keywording and working with keyword sets
- Working with GPS-data in the new Map module
- Working with Collections and Smart Collections
- How to make a portfolio on your Smartphone / iPad and keep it up to date
- Common Lightroom mistakes and how to avoid them
- Plant once, harvest often: adding titles and captions to your images and using them in the other modules
- Backing Up… Everything!
- Working with multiple Catalogs and multiple computers (e.g. a travel laptop and a home desktop)
- Working with import presets
This is a steal for only $200.00. The workshop is held on Sat, Feb 23rd and will run from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm. Don’t worry about your lunch it’s on us! If you are living in or visiting in the New Delhi on this date we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity and join us. You can REGISTER HERE.
- We will maintain a waiting list for the Rajasthan Photo Trek. Please don’t confuse the Rajasthan Photo Trek with the one day DAM Master Class. We still have plenty of room in the Master Class. ↩
- Disk Warrior 5 Saved A Year of Photos! - June 29, 2017
- Money to Take Their Photo: Trophy Hunter Photography - June 21, 2017
- Comprehensive review: Think Tank Photo – Airport Takeoff V2 Photo Bag - June 20, 2017
- 6 Ways to Improve your Photography Portfolio: The Goldilocks Principle - June 7, 2017
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015