In the last post I wrote about my time with the folks at the Kilgoris Project in Kenya. The project helps Maasai children to obtain a quality education – in short it gives them the leverage to choose their future. The Maasai are a proud people from Kenya and northern Tanzania. They are semi-nomadic herdsmen that are renown for their bravery. We met one old man that as a test of bravery killed a lion with just his spear, he had the teeth marks in his arm to prove it!
I was privileged to be able to photograph a few of the Maasai children and adults that live in villages that are apart of the Kilgoris project. These are special people on so many levels. I really hope I was able to portray their strong spirit.
- Money to Take Their Photo: Trophy Hunter Photography - June 21, 2017
- Comprehensive review: Think Tank Photo – Airport Takeoff V2 Photo Bag - June 20, 2017
- 6 Ways to Improve your Photography Portfolio: The Goldilocks Principle - June 7, 2017
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015