I am really excited to try out two new toys on this trip to Rajasthan. Actually to call them “toys” does each of them a big disservice. They are truly tools. (Really fun tools!) First up will be a new battery case for my iPhone 5, and the second, a new mobile printing solution to replace my Zink Printer that failed me so badly, a few years back.
In late November of last year, I wrote several battery case companies and told them I was preparing a review of battery cases. I wrote iBattz, Lenmar, Maxboost and Mophie. Frankly, the ones I really wanted to hear back from were iBatzz and Mophie. Mophie didn’t even give me the time of day. But I was thrilled when iBattz wrote back and said they would love to help me out.
So for the last three months, I have been using the iBattz Mojo Refuel Battery Case for iPhone 5/5S and running it through its paces. There are a few little quirks and I will reveal those when I complete my review. While on this trip to Rajasthan, it is going to get a real workout as I will be using the Wi-Fi Function and the GPS on my phone a lot – both of which seem to draw a lot of battery power. Look for that review either during the Rajasthan trip (over the next two weeks) or just after I get back. You will find it right here.
Speaking of Wi-Fi, I’ll be using the Wi-Fi on my phone a lot because I’ll be transferring images over to the phone from my Fujifilm X-E2. Once on the phone, I will then be printing them out on Fujifilm’s Instax Share instant film printer. You might remember several posts I wrote years ago about my Zink Pogo printer? The Pogo printer was a great idea that just flopped. Mostly because of its lack of any real battery life. Some people, like my associate Piet Van den Eynde, labored through those difficulties and continued to use the printer. Frankly, I found it too clumsy. I’ll go into all that and more when I review this new printer. But first I need to give it a workout, and there’s no better place to do so than in Rajasthan.
Alou and I fly out today and arrive in Delhi tonight. Then bright and early tomorrow morning we head to the 28th Surajkund International Crafts Mela (Fair). Looks like we will hit the ground running!
- A Photographic Growth Spurt - July 11, 2016
- Postcard from New Zealand - June 23, 2016
- What camera should a beginner buy? - May 24, 2016
- Depth of Field: Damien Lovegrove - March 17, 2016
- Faqir Baba and the SMDV SPEEDBOX - March 11, 2016
- Podcast: A look at the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and more… - March 7, 2016
- Kacchpuri: Home of the Dhobi - February 18, 2016
- Chinese New Year in 15 Photos - February 13, 2016
- A Post Card From Kek Lok Si - February 4, 2016
- Depth of Field: Dan Carr - December 30, 2015
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015