I am pleased to announce the second Location Portraiture and Lighting Masterclass in Varanasi, India. Well, ok it’s really the second time we’ve run the class, but the first time we’ve used this name. I am teaming up again with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Guru and Wizard of Light Piet Van den Eynde. We will be releasing full details in the days to come. But let me assure you this will be an amazing class! Piet and I have been working all winter hammering out the details to make this class one that will be both highly educational, exciting, challenging and memorable and I think we have succeeded. We will be covering techniques and skills that are often skipped over on other workshops of this price or length. We will be covering the broad topics of:
- Location Portraiture
- Off camera lightingSpeedlights & Portable Studio Flashes
- Speedlights & Portable Studio Flashes
- Adobe Lightroom Postprocessing Composition and more…
The dates are set for Saturday, February 25th until Sunday, March 5th, 2017. We will meet in New Delhi and after two days of shooting some of our favorite haunts, we will make our way to the holy city of Varanasi.
Your class with be on location in both Delhi and Varanasi, India.
For the rest of the week, we will spend our time photograph sadhus and flower merchants, fishmongers, and rickshaw drivers. We have arranged some real people that will serve as our models. Of course, not every person we photograph will be arranged ahead of time. We have still left time in the schedule to wander the picturesque streets and ancient alleyways of Varanasi to photograph life as it unfolds before us.
Here is the kicker, we only have space for 6 participants. Yes, we are purposely limiting this workshop to 6 members to keep the group intimate and to keep the teacher-student ratio an incredibly low 3:1! We fully expect this trip to sell out quickly, so it would be to your advantage to sign up below and subscribe to the Digital Trekker Newsletter as I will be letting my subscribers know first when registration goes live.
You will learn to take location portraits like these.
Sign up below to be notified once the registration goes live. This workshop is open to all levels of photographers using mirrorless or DSLR-style cameras who know the basics about operating their cameras. You don’t need to be a flash wizard like Piet, but we’ll help you become one! And if you’re already familiar with flash, we’ll teach you more than a couple of tricks to take your knowledge and your images up a couple of notches. We’ve called this ‘a Lighting Masterclass’ because that’s what we want you to be by the time you return back home: a master of location lighting, both available light and flash, and any mix in between, for that matter.
Join us and seriously up the quality of your travel portrait portfolio.
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
- Matt Brandon Video Log #11 - January 13, 2017
- The Coal Haulers of Varanasi, India & the Fuji GFX - December 27, 2016
- A Requiem to a Rickshaw Puller - December 8, 2016
- Saffron Coffee Shoot - November 24, 2016
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015