Jasmine Star is a real person. By that I don’t mean to imply that she was thought to be some fictional character. What I mean, is that for someone who has rocketed to fame in a few short years as she has, she has maintained a grip on reality. She’s not pretentious. I did not find her to be egotistical or unapproachable. Jasmine Star is real. I feel like in this interview, even though it was only one hour, you will get to know her. Jasmine is one of the most respected and sought after wedding photographers in the United States. She has one of the most popular blogs on the net. Yet, she maintains a realistic view of the world around her and is eager to help her clients as well as other photographers. To put it simply, she is a nice lady.
Take a few moments and drop by her blog. Just reading a few of the post you see the honesty that comes out. She talks about her work, her struggles with clients, her husband and yes, even her dog, Polo. For someone who picked up a camera just a few short years ago she is amazingly talented. The only thing I have against Jasmine is that this interview costs me about $1500. Jasmine is in love with the 50 mm 1.2 lens and her love was infectious. After the interview I played with the 50mm 1.4 while in India and new I had to get the 1.2. I did and I love it but, OUCH!
I think you’ll enjoy this interview as much as I did. Just stay away from Amazon.com afterwards.
- Depth of Field Podcast: David Bergman - November 25, 2015
- Depth of Field: Timothy Allen - November 16, 2015
- Nucis Leather Strap with Peak Design Links - October 23, 2015
- New Video: So who is OFMP.ORG? - September 11, 2015
- A Killer Deal on Photographic Resources: the 5 Day Deal - September 10, 2015
- Review: Angelbird 512 GB SSD2go drive - September 6, 2015
- Protection for your other Camera - September 6, 2015
- Fujifilm Podcast With Piet Van den Eynde 2015 - August 19, 2015
- 2015 Fujifilm X-Photographer’s Book - August 13, 2015
- New Workshop Announced: Delhi, Agra & Varanasi - July 30, 2015
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015