This month’s wallpaper is a fun image I shot in India while traveling by train from Delhi to Hardiwar. I wanted to get a shot that showed the train as well as the countryside. The train was important as it gives context and an integral part of the visual story. The countryside without people would have been be just countryside. Contrary to what most people may think, outside of a few banana trees India’s northern countryside looks about like anywhere else on earth. So I needed to have some people with indigenous clothing or some other object that said ” this is India”. When you shoot from something like a train, about half the images or more are unusable. Finally, just about the time I was considering packing it in, I saw this woman and the banana tree appearing fast from up ahead. I leaned out as far as I could holding on to the train with my left hand. I had my camera balanced on the upper part of my left arm and triggered the camera with my right hand. Whether it was a combination of skill or just plain luck, I got what I wanted.
Now, I want to share it with you as this month’s wallpaper. I hope you enjoy it, be sure to tell your friends.
- Money to Take Their Photo: Trophy Hunter Photography - June 21, 2017
- Comprehensive review: Think Tank Photo – Airport Takeoff V2 Photo Bag - June 20, 2017
- 6 Ways to Improve your Photography Portfolio: The Goldilocks Principle - June 7, 2017
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015