I have been wanting to write a lengthy review of a very precise nature filled with my musings on the amazing new e-book by Gavin Gough called The Photographers Workflow. But frankly, I am much too lazy. There is just way too much to cover. So I simply rang up Gavin on Skype and had a nice long chat about his book.
There really is no need for me to go into much detail here other than to say this is one of the best e-book values on the market today. Don’t think that $30 ($20 if you use the discount “baldguys”) is a lot for an e-book. If this was some 20 to 30 page e-book taking what you already know then, yes, maybe. But it is not. Gavin has gone into an amazing amount of detail on two of the most uses modules of Lightroom, the Library module and the Develop module. It creates an amazing systematic workflow that is a real time saver. Frankly I wish he could have done this book four years ago, but that’s kind of the point. This book is the culmination of years of light room experience. If it was just 130 pages of his post processing expertise, this book would be well worth the money, but it’s not, it’s much much more.When purchasing this book the user also get access to several dozen presets to enhance their workflow and another dozen video tutorials as well as links to products and pages on the Internet. The value is outstanding and probably one of the best values for e-book on the market today.
At this point I would ask you to take a few minutes and listen to the podcast and I just finished recording with Gavin Gough. I think by the end you’ll be convinced that this is an e-book that needs to be on your laptop, home computer or iPad.
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
- Matt Brandon Video Log #11 - January 13, 2017
- The Coal Haulers of Varanasi, India & the Fuji GFX - December 27, 2016
- A Requiem to a Rickshaw Puller - December 8, 2016
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015