Mitchell Kanashkevich is probably one of the most talented photographers I know. He has gotten that way by shooting continuously. Mitch doesn’t stop — or at least not for long. It was during one of these quick respites that I was able to catch up with him and find out what he has been up to over the past two years since we last spoke. In a word: Africa. Mitch has spent the last year or more slowly traveling through Africa. In this hour long interview we talk about his adventures, misadventures and his entrepreneurial adventures. Mitch has started a new e-book publishing house called EyeVoyage where he has published his latest titled called Powerful Imagery: The Photographer’s Insight. As a special offer for Digital Trekker readers you can get 20% off your order if you use the code “DTREKKER20” on your check out.
Visit Mitch’s blog HERE.
Visit his Photoshelter archive HERE.
One of the coolest things about hosting a podcast on SoundCloud is the ability for listeners to comment on the podcast’s timeline – as it is playing. Feel free to give it a try.
Ever Feel Like your Images Lack Impact?
Successful travel photographers move us with seemingly effortless consistency. Powerful Imagery: The Photographer’s Insight, by Mitchell Kanashkevich, shows you how to do this. You have unrestricted access as you enter his thought process, from forming the idea, to creative decision making, to arriving at the final image. Powerful Imagery demystifies what it takes to create captivating photographs with lasting impact. Click here to view more details
Remember, you get a 20% discount if you include the code “DTREKKER20” at your check out.
- Over 65 pages of expert travel photography insight
- 15 images from around the world beautifully displayed at full-screen
- Image sets that illustrate the creative process
- Details on equipment and camera settings for each image
- Insider information on how to solve technical and destination challenges
- Key post-processing steps with before-and-after images
- Feb 2017 Varanasi Lighting Workshop - April 12, 2017
- A Tribute to Phyllis Brandon, My Mother - March 24, 2017
- ADHD and How I cope with it. - February 23, 2017
- Vlog #15 - February 6, 2017
- Vlog 14 – Python! - January 30, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 13: Photographing Iconic Scenes - January 26, 2017
- Matt Brandon Vlog 12: Fujifilm GFX Review and more. - January 19, 2017
- Matt Brandon Video Log #11 - January 13, 2017
- The Coal Haulers of Varanasi, India & the Fuji GFX - December 27, 2016
- A Requiem to a Rickshaw Puller - December 8, 2016
Learn more about these fantastic workshop opportunities:
- Kashmir Valley Photo Trek and Workshop - June 8- 15, 2015
- Photography Tour of Bhutan - Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2015